The current opening time of Appointments is 5:00 PM.
- It is advised to read the instructions on the Website www.passportindia.gov.in before filling of the form.
- Applicants are also advised not to purchase air tickets /freeze travel plans without a valid travel document in hand. Passport issuance process is detailed and might take some additional time in some cases where there is deficiency in documentation or where police report is pending /adverse.
Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at Passport Seva Kendra(s) under this Passport Office. Click here for details.
- Categories of Applicants allowed as “Walk-In with ARN /withoutappointment" : Only following categories of applicants are allowed as Walk-in Applicants :
- Physically challenged persons
- Senior Citizen(60 years and above)
NOTE: Applicants falling under these categories need to register online, fill/submit application form online and generate Application Reference Number (ARN) at least one day in advance before visiting the PSK. Such applicants may visit the PSK with required set of documents and a copy of printed ARN sheet from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM only. Applicants will be accommodated in limited number as per the serving capacity and on first come first serve basis.
- On Hold files - With effect from. 29.09.2014 Applicants whose applications are put on hold at any stage for want of any document may visit PSK to complete the process of hold files as per date and time of appointment mentioned on the acknowledgement slip. For files on Hold, applicant should complete the necessary procedure within 365 days of the date of application OR payment of fees OTHERWSE the application will be considered Null and Void and fees will be forfeited. Thereafter, the applicant will have to take fresh appointment with new ARN and payment of fees to apply for passport.
- For passport of Minor children -Requirement of Physical presence of Parents:
- where none of the parents hold valid passport -Both the parents should be physically present with their ID Proofs.
- where only one parent holds valid passport-the parent who does not hold passport should be physically present along with the original passport of other parent, and
- where both the parents hold valid passport-anyone parent can be present with both parents' passports (in original).
- minor applicants between age group of 15 to 18 years applying for 10 years validity passport (Fresh/reissue) will be granted passport with ECNR only if they submit class 10th pass certificate, otherwise passport will be issued with ECR
- Processing of Tatkaal passport application : Processing of Tatkaal applications will start only after checking of required documents, Police Verification report status (in re-issue cases) and confirmation of Verification Certificate (wherever necessary). Passport Authorities have to satisfy themselves about the genuineness of the Verification Certificates and that there are no deficiencies. Passport Authorities retains the right to verify in writing the authenticity of the Verification Certificate.
Please note that passport in case of Tatkaal application submitted on the basis of three out of sixteen documents (instead of Annexure F) will be issued after confirmation of genuineness of the three documents from issuing authority or on receipt of clear police verification report. In such cases, issuance of passport may take much more time than prescribed under tatkaal category in order to confirm the genuineness of three documents where status of documents is not available online and because of procedural requirement passport office will not be responsible for delay. Therefore, applicants who are in urgent need of passport are advised to apply for tatkaal with Annexure F instead of three out of sixteen documents.
Lost /Fully Damaged passport and certain other cases (details on our website) will not be accepted under the Tatkaal category.
- Birth certificate issued from Registrar of Birth and Death is mandatory for those born on or after 26.01.1989. Late registration of birth certificates should have endorsement on them regarding orders of late registration . Applicants who are applying for re·issue of passports with change in Date of Birth/Place of Birth are requested not to approach the Court directly. They may submit their applications at PSK with revised Birth Certificate from same Authority and Sworn affidavit. Only in cases where the changes cannot be accorded as per the extant rules, such applicants will be directed to submit a declaratory order from a civil court to effect the change in Date of Birth/Place of Birth.
- Verification Certificate (Annexure F) and NOC (Annexure B / M) should be on official stationary (letter head).
- Applicants are required to mention Complete and Correct Present and Permanent addresses and also all the addresses if stayed at more than one address during the past one year of the date of application to avoid delay in issuance of passport and imposition of financial penalty.
- Students studying away from their parent's house should clearly mention their current address while applying. For proof of residence at your hostel/place of stay, a Bona fide letter from the Principal/Warden is mandatory along with proof of parents' address (i.e. permanent address). All the addresses need to be mentioned if stayed at more than one address during the past one year of the date of application.
- Public Enquiry Days in Passport Office: For any problem/information relating to applications already submitted, instead of visiting PSK, applicants may visit Regional Passport Office, located at CGO Complex-I, Hapur Chungi Road, Kamala Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad between 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays identified as enquiry days. No enquiry service will be available after 1:00 PM and on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Passport Mela conducted at PSK Ghaziabad on 18th April 2015.$passportRpoPassport Mela will be conducted at PSK - Surat , Tirupathi and Guwahati on 28th November 2015. ** Passport Adalat will be organized at RPO Bhopal on 24th, 26th and 27th November 2015, at RPO Kolkata on 28th November and 12th December 2015 and at RPO Nagpur on 10th and 11th December 2015. ** Passport Camp is being conducted at Jamshedpur (Ranchi) from 2nd November to 31st December 2015, at Darbhanga (Patna) from 17th June to 30th November 2015, at Rourkela (Bhubaneswar) on 28th and 29th November 2015, at Bhavnagar (Ahmedabad) on 28th and 29th November 2015 and Sangli (Pune) on 28th and 29th November 2015. Please refer 'Passport Office Page' section for more details.** Indian citizens living in the country and abroad, and holding non-Machine Readable Passports with validity beyond November 24, 2015, are advised to apply for re-issue of their passports to get Machine Readable Passports well before the deadline to avoid any inconvenience in obtaining valid visa for international travel.$passportRpo
| Designation || Name || Phone No. || Fax No. |
| Regional Passport Officer || Shri Sitaram Yadav || 0120-2700320, 2701211 || 0120-2782770 |
| DPO || || || |
| Nodal Officer for RTI || || || |
| Nodal Officer for Grievance || || || |