The current opening time of appointments is 3:00 PM.
Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at Passport Seva Kendra(s) under this Passport Office. Click here for details.
- Categories of Applicants allowed as “Walk-In with ARN”
Following mentioned categories of applicants are allowed as "Walk-in applicants". (These walk-in categories are not applicable for Tatkaal Applications. Please note below walk-ins will be entertained at Thane Psk between 9:00am to 10:30am only). Applicants falling under these categories need to register Online, fill in the online application form and generate Application Reference Number (ARN) at least one day in advance before visiting the PSK. Such applicants may visit the PSK with required set of documents and a copy of printed ARN sheet.
- Minors below 3 years of age whose parents hold valid passports with any one parent’s passport is endorsed with spouse name.
- Senior Citizens (above 60 years)
- Physically challenged applicants (including visually impaired, deaf and mute reporting with certificate)
- Applicants can visit RPO Thane for enquiry between 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM ONLY from Monday to Friday (Except Wednesday) identified as Enquiry Days by RPO in a week. Please note no enquiries will be entertained on Wednesday.
- In order to facilitate passport applicants to submit their Normal applications for Fresh/ Re-issue of passports, a Passport Seva Camp has started functioning in the premises of Regional Passport Office, Vardan Building, Wagle Estate, Thane with effect from 25.5.2015. This will be in addition to Passport Seva Kendra at Thane and Nashik. Entry to the Camp will be allowed only to applicants with valid appointments. Applicants may register their passport applications on website www.passportindia.gov.in and visit the Camp on the date and time of appointment with Application Registration Number (ARN) sheet and prescribed documents, in original, and their self-attested photocopies. Please note that walk-in categories, on hold and Tatkaal applications will not be enterained at Passport Seva Camp.
- Regional Passport Office Thane has decided to have PASSPORT MELA on 20th June, 2015 for Normal applications in Fresh and Re-issue category at PSK Thane and RPO Thane. Applicants who would like to avail this service should visit Thane Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or Regional Passport Office – Thane respectively, with Application Reference Number (ARN) Sheet which has Appointment of the above date, along-with requisite set of original documents with photocopies duly self-attested. Appointments shall be opened on 18th June, 2015 at 3 pm sharp. Kindly note On Hold, Walk-in, Tatkaal and PCC applications will not be entertained on this date.
- In order to meet the growing demand for passports and to reduce the waiting period for appointments for submission of passport applications at PSK, Thane, separate counters have been opened in Passport Seva Kendra, Malad, for Thane applicants, with effect from 18.6.2015 for fresh/reissue of passports. This will be in addition to Passport Seva Kendra at Thane & Nashik and Passport Seva Camp in the office premises of Passport Office, Thane. Entry to the Malad Centre will be allowed only to applicants with valid appointments. Applicants may register their passport applications on website www.passportindia.gov.in and visit the Malad Centre on the date and time of appointment with Application Registration Number (ARN) sheet and prescribed documents, in original, and their self-attested photocopies. The appointments shall be released from 18th June, 2015 at 3 PM sharp. Please note that walk-in categories, on hold and Tatkal applications and applications for PCC will not be entertained at the Malad Centre.
- For files on Hold, applicant should complete the necessary procedure within 365 days of the Application Date or the application will be considered Null and Void and fees will be forfeited. The applicant will have to take fresh appointment to apply for Passport. Applicant whose file is on Hold at Nashik PSK, can visit on any working day except Mondays and complete any such pending process.
- While filling the Application, Applicants are requested to provide two References from the same Police Station jurisdiction where applicant is residing currently.
Passport Camp is being conducted at Palghar(PSK Thane) on 16th and 17th May 2015.$passportRpoPassport Seva obtains 3 ISO Certifications - ISO 9001:2008, ISO 20000-1:2011 and ISO 27001:2013. Ministry of External Affairs offers Internship as 'Passport Seva Mitra'. Please refer 'Notices and Updates' section for details. ** Passport Mela is being conducted at PSK Jaipur, Jodhpur, Sikar, Nagpur and Pune on 11 July 2015. ** Passport Camp is being conducted at Aundh (Pune) from 1st July till 24th July 2015, at Darbhanga (Patna) from 17th June to 16th July 2015, at Ballari (Bangalore) on 11th and 12th July 2015. ** Common Service Centers (CSC) may be availed for filling and uploading application forms, payment of applicable fee and scheduling of appointment, at a nominal charge not exceeding Rs. 100/-. ** Handwritten passports or passports with 20 yrs validity should be replaced as they are not machine readable passports.$passportRpo
| Designation || Name || Phone No. || Fax No. |
| Regional Passport Officer || Shri T.D.Sharma || 25832818 || 25829434 |
| DPO || SHRI K VIJAYKUMAR || 25830116-121 || 25829434 |
| Nodal Officer for RTI || Shri T.D.Sharma || 25832818 || 25829434 |
| Nodal Officer for Grievance || SHRI K VIJAYKUMAR || 25830116-121 || 25829434 |
| Officers Up to APO |
| SHRI D K PAWAR, APO |
| SMT N B KERKAR, APO |
| SMT R A LAD, APO |