The current opening time of appointments is 3:00 PM.
Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at Passport Seva Kendra(s) under this Passport Office. Click here for details.
- Categories of Applicants allowed as “Walk-In with ARN”
Following mentioned categories of applicants are allowed as "Walk-in applicants". (These walk-in categories are not applicable for Tatkaal Applications. Please note below walk-ins will be entertained at Thane Psk between 9:00am to 10:30am only). Applicants falling under these categories need to register Online, fill in the online application form and generate Application Reference Number (ARN) at least one day in advance before visiting the PSK. Such applicants may visit the PSK with required set of documents and a copy of printed ARN sheet.
- Minors below 3 years of age whose parents hold valid passports with any one parent’s passport is endorsed with spouse name.
- Senior Citizens (above 60 years)
- Physically challenged applicants (including visually impaired, deaf and mute reporting with certificate)
- Applicants can visit RPO Thane for enquiry between 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM ONLY from Monday to Friday (Except Wednesday) identified as Enquiry Days by RPO in a week. Please note no enquiries will be entertained on Wednesday.
- In order to meet the growing demand for passports and to reduce the waiting period for appointments for submission of passport applications at PSK, Thane, separate counters have been opened in Passport Seva Kendra, Malad, for Thane applicants, with effect from 18.6.2015 for fresh/reissue of passports. This will be in addition to Passport Seva Kendra at Thane & Nashik and Passport Seva Camp in the office premises of Passport Office, Thane. Entry to the Malad Centre will be allowed only to applicants with valid appointments. Applicants may register their passport applications on website www.passportindia.gov.in and visit the Malad Centre on the date and time of appointment with Application Registration Number (ARN) sheet and prescribed documents, in original, and their self-attested photocopies. The appointments shall be released from 18th June, 2015 at 3 PM sharp. Please note that walk-in categories, on hold and Tatkal applications and applications for PCC will not be entertained at the Malad Centre.
- RPO Thane has decided to have PASSPORT CAMP on 13th and 14th February, 2016 at Tarapur Atomic Power Station Campus, Staff Welfare Centre (SWC ), Tarapur Atomic Power Station 1 & 2 Residential colony, Near to Township Main Gate, Tarapur, Boisar, Dist. Palghar All applicants who would like to avail this opportunity shall book their appointments by paying fees Online and should come with Application Reference Number (ARN) Sheet which has appointment of above date, along-with requisite set of Original documents with photocopies duly self-attested. Appointments shall be released on 10th February,2016 at 3 pm sharp. Kindly note Tatkaal, Walk-in Categories, PCC and On Hold Applicants will not be entertained on this date.
- For files on Hold, applicant should complete the necessary procedure within 365 days of the Application Date or the application will be considered Null and Void and fees will be forfeited. The applicant will have to take fresh appointment to apply for Passport. Applicant whose file is on Hold at Nashik PSK, can visit on any working day except Mondays and complete any such pending process.
- While filling the Application, Applicants are requested to provide two References from the same Police Station jurisdiction where applicant is residing currently.
Passport Camp is being conducted at Palghar(PSK Thane) on 16th and 17th May 2015.$passportRpoMEA liberalizes Police Verification procedure for Passport issuance and Launches mPassport Police App to cut delays in submission of PV report. For details, please refer to Press Note on www.passportindia.gov.in.** Five day appointment window for Citizen's convenience. ** For latest advisory on Aadhaar, please refer notices and updates on the portal. ** Special Passport Services to residents of the flood affected districts covered under the RPO Chennai starting 8th Dec 2015.** Passport Mela is being conducted at PSK - Jaipur, Jodhpur and Sikar on 13th Feb, 2016. ** Passport Camp is being held at Darbhanga (Patna) from 17th Jun to 28th Feb 2016,at Indore (Bhopal), Sawai Madhopur (Jaipur), Balasore (Bhubneswar), Tarapur (Thane) and Bhuj (Ahmedabad) on 13th and 14th Feb 2016. ** Please refer 'Passport Office Page' for more details.$passportRpo
| Designation || Name || Phone No. || Fax No. |
| Regional Passport Officer || Shri T.D.Sharma || 25832818 || 25829434 |
| DPO || SHRI K VIJAYKUMAR || 25830116-121 || 25829434 |
| Nodal Officer for RTI || Shri T.D.Sharma || 25832818 || 25829434 |
| Nodal Officer for Grievance || SHRI K VIJAYKUMAR || 25830116-121 || 25829434 |
| Officers Up to APO || Shri D K PAWAR || 25830116-121 || 25829434 |
| Officers Up to APO || Smt. N B KERKAR || 25830116-121 || 25829434 |
| Officers Up to APO || Smt. R A LAD || 25830116-121 || 25829434 |